Saturday, May 2, 2009

Handmade leather bag-Tree of life

Beautiful!

The photographer says:

"I love bags.
Not each one,because I have a couple of requirements,like my bag have to be functional and durable as a bag could be,with spaced inside.
The leather I use for all my goods is cowhide wax leather,is lasts you for years and years and is as nice or better than the day you bought it.



this bag is completely hand sewn.I use extremely durable waxed thread,parallel sewing for maximum strenght.
Be careful not to buy a bag sewn with cheap cotton thread. It wears quickly and your bag will fall apart.

I used in this bag traditional braided technique,with the beautiful "tree of life" on the center. The Tree of Life is an important symbol in nearly every culture. With its branches reaching into the sky, and roots deep in the earth, it dwells in three worlds- a link between heaven, the earth, and the underworld, uniting above and below.

The closure is come from Hungarian shepherd's bags,they also have problem with pickpockets,this closure is theirs simple but functional solution."

www.apuleathercraft.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails